Date: Sunday 15 March 2020 - Tuesday 31 March 2020
The Team at Melbourne Showgrounds acknowledges the important role that the surrounding community has in helping us deliver successful events throughout the year.
We have some important information to share with you regarding the current Australian Ninja Warrior filming taking place at Melbourne Showgrounds from Sunday 15 March 2020 – Tuesday March 31 2020.
Current Filming Schedule:
**Final two nights of filming** Monday 30 March and Tuesday 31 March
Filming Hours: 8:00 pm – 4:00 am
**Please note** in the event of rain or strong wind, additional nights of filming may be required.
Sound levels – what is in place to mitigate the noise impact?
• Two letter drops advising residents of the event details were carried out in February and March.
• Prior to the filming, an independent noise consultant analysed noise emission from the Australian Ninja Warrior site to determine the appropriate acoustic measures that would be required to control noise.
• The crowd and music noise level will be measured on Sunday 15 and Monday 16 March to ensure compliance over the following nights.
• The amplified music and commentary levels will be set and limited during the site commissioning on Sunday 15 and Monday 16 March to comply with the SEPP N-1 and N-2 noise limits.
• An acoustic barrier of 2.4 kg/sqm (minimum) flexible sound curtain has been installed behind each grandstand. This is installed directly on the grandstand structure to reduce the spread of crowd noise beyond the Showgrounds site.
• Unless filming is running overtime, it will cease operation at 2:00am each event night BUT it can run from 8:00pm through to 4:00am
Fireworks - what to expect
• Some low impact firework noise will occur at random times throughout the 10 event nights.
• Fireworks may occur before 11:00pm on any of the event nights.
• Fireworks will occur on Monday 30 March and Tuesday 31 March between 8:30pm and 11:00pm. The fireworks will be low impact and released in a short burst.
• Additional ground based special effects pyros may occur after 11:00pm if a contestant finishes the obstacles.
• On the Grand Final night and one other occasion a single set of comet fireworks may also occur between 11:00pm and 4:00am
• Please take extra care with pets during this time and take any necessary precautions to keep your pets safe and secure.
Road Changes / Closures
• There will be no road closures in operation during the filming period, all traffic will be able to travel around the Showgrounds site as normal.
Parking in the events area
• No events area parking restrictions will apply for the Australian Ninja Warrior event.
• Audience members will be directed to park within the existing Melbourne Showgrounds Gate 7 Carpark, accessible from Leonards Crescent.
• Upon exiting, audience members will be directed out via Leonards Crescent.
• Some increased traffic is expected in the area from 6:30pm-7:00pm and from 9:00pm-10:00pm
• During business hours Monday-Friday, please contact Melbourne Showgrounds on 9281 7444.
• The community hotline will be operating from 8:00pm until 4:00am on each event night to take calls from residents and businesses on any concern relating to local amenity (waste, traffic, parking, and noise) issues.
• The Community Hotline number is 9258 4100.
• All calls are documented and if required, the appropriate response personnel will be instructed to attend the affected address/site
To ensure all residents are well informed, please forward this email to your network and encourage your neighbours to subscribe to our notification service.
Thank you for your understanding and support of Melbourne Showgrounds - where events come alive!