Wednesday 24 June 2020
- Friday 31 July 2020
Opening Hours: Operating daily between 9:00am - 5:00pm
The DHHS has established a pop-up COVID-19 testing site at Melbourne Showgrounds.
The convenient vehicle drive-through COVID-19 testing site is designed to ensure our community can access safe and reliable testing facilities.
For further information visit the website for the Department of Health and Human Services here.
It is expected that the testing site will experience high demand and wait times are expected.
Should a high demand be received, on any given day the site may close early to safely service as many people as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding while we work with the DHHS to navigate this service.
How to get there
- Melbourne Showgrounds is located 6km from Melbourne’s CBD on the corner of Langs Road and Epsom Road, Ascot Vale.
- All vehicles will enter Melbourne Showgrounds via Gate 4, Langs Road.
- Traffic control officers and clear signage will direct you into, and throughout Melbourne Showgrounds to the testing site.
- The testing site is located undercover in Building 1, Melbourne Showgrounds.
- Upon completing the test, you should return home immediately and remain in isolation until you receive your test result.
- You must be in a vehicle when you arrive at Melbourne Showgrounds to get tested, you cannot walk into the site.
- You do not need an appointment to get tested.
- The test is free for everyone.
Visit the Victoria State Government website here for additional COVID-19 information.