Date: Saturday 1 January 2022 - Saturday 31 December 2022
Opening Hours: COVID PCR Test: Opening Hours: Operating between 7am – 5pm via Gate 3 (subject to early closure due to capacity). COVID RAT KIT Collection & PCR Test Opening Hours: Operating between 7am – 7pm via Gate 7 (subject to early closure due to capacity).
The Victorian Department of Health (DoH) is managing a pop-up COVID-19 testing site at Melbourne Showgrounds
The convenient COVID-19 testing site, accessible for vehicles only (excluding motorbikes), is designed to ensure our community can access safe and reliable testing facilities.
On some days the testing site will experience high demand and wait times are expected.
Should a high demand be received, on any given day the site may close early to safely service as many people as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding while we work with the DHS to deliver this service.
For further information on current COVIDSafe settings in Victoria visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au.
How to get there
- Melbourne Showgrounds is located 6km from Melbourne’s CBD on the corner of Langs Road and Epsom Road, Ascot Vale.
- All vehicles will enter Melbourne Showgrounds via Gate 3 Langs Road.
- Traffic control officers and clear signage will direct you into, and throughout Melbourne Showgrounds to the testing site.
- Upon completing the PCR test, you should return home immediately and remain in isolation until you receive your test result.
- If arriving by car you must enter via Gate 3 for PCR Tests, Langs Road, and Gate 7 on Leonard Crescent for RAT Kit Collections.
- You do not need an appointment to get tested or to collect a RAT Kit.
- The test is free for everyone.
For further information:
Visit the Victoria State Government website here for additional COVID-19 information.
ATM availability does not apply to this event